SAA Student Chapter, St. Catherine University
Meeting called to order at 7:15 PM by SAA chapter vice-president Heather Carroll.
Secretary and Treasurer’s Reports
- David Norris read a summary of the minutes from the November 14th meeting. Deb Eschweiler gave a treasury update, including the current balance of $262.26.
- Kristell Benson provided an update on the SGO meeting on December 8th (minutes). They discussed the bowling event, the possibility of reducing minimum class sizes to six students from the current minimum of eight. SGO still has money available for students to apply for reimbursements, so students should submit receipts for any conferences expenses, LIS-related events or special projects, leadership development, etc.
Initial indexing work is complete and ready to move to Phase II.
Possible Community Archives Projects
After further discussions, Heather is uncertain whether the Red Wing Pottery Museum project is going to be a good fit for the group. There have been no updates from Molly about the potential YWCA archiving opportunity.
Tour of the Minnesota Historical Society archives
The tour is coming up on Tuesday, December 22nd at 6:45pm at the Minnesota History Center. As of this meeting, there are still five open spots for more people to sign up. Zach is going to finish finalizing the carpooling signup and send out another link to the survey.
Janaury Bowling Event
The date is currently set for January 30 at the Anderson Student Center at St. Thomas University.
The reciprocity rate fell through, so the overall cost for the event will be $450 for three hours. Heather needs people to reach out to, or at least someone to tell us who to reach out to within, the professional groups. Getting on top of marketing and promotion for this is going to be crucial. Zach is going to put together a PowerPoint card for professors to promote in their classes. Between now and January 30, we will put together details on parking, carpooling, or some unofficial shuttling.
WARM Project Update
The indexing is now completed, and Heather and Zach are putting together a list of tasks that can be completed remotely.
SAA Annual Report
Sara, David, and Deb will meet after classes are out to put together the annual report to submit to SAA national before December 31 at midnight.
Metro Net: Inside the Library at Downton Abbey with Tim Johnson
- Wednesday, December 14, Andersen Library, Rm 120ABC, from 4:30pm-6:30pm
- Networking opportunity and refreshments
- RSVP requested but not required
Meeting adjourned by Heather Carroll at 7:37pm, with the movie event to follow.
- Heather Carroll, vice-president
- David Norris, secretary
- Deb Eschweiler, treasurer
- Zach Jansen, media relations officer
- Kristell Benson, SGO liaison
- Sarah Potvin