SAA Student Chapter, St. Catherine University
Meeting called to order at 6:00 PM by incoming SAA chapter president Sara Butterfass.
1. Elections for officers for 2016-2017
Elections for new officers took place online from May 1-8. The following officers were elected:
- President: Sara Butterfass
- Vice-president: Heather Carroll
- Treasurer: Deb Eschweiler
- Secretary: David Norris
- Media Relations Officer: Zach Jensen
2. SGO Updates – Kristell Benson
- After the last meeting, no changes to the reimbursement policy.
- This was the last meeting to submit receipts and reimbursement applications.
- ALA is having an informal gathering at Sea Salt on May 15th .
- Women’s Art Resources of Minnesota (WARM) – Heather Carroll
- The project is moving forward, but the only holdup is the Visual Arts Building
- Verbal confirmation from Deb Kloiber that she’s going to take on the collection, and that we can use SCU archives resources.
- A more focused conversation needs to take place about fundraising goals and projects.
- Summer meetings and events
- Second Mondays from June-August still tentatively works for everyone.
- Upcoming Events
- The Historically Accurate Costume Party is on Saturday, May 14th at 7pm.
- The TCART Spring Meeting is coming up on June 14th from 10am – 5pm at the Blake Upper School in Minneapolis.
- Registration is now open for the 2016 SAA conference in Atlanta, GA from July 31-August 6.
Meeting adjourned at 6:25pm
Next meeting is scheduled for July 11, 2016 at Tiffany Sports Lounge at 6pm.
Sara Butterfass, president (incoming)
Heather Carroll, vice-president (incoming)
David Norris, secretary
Deb Eschweiler, treasurer (incoming)
Zach Jansen, media relations officer (incoming)
Kristell Benson, SGO liaison