SAA Student Chapter, St. Catherine University
Meeting called to order at 6:00 PM by SAA chapter president Jessica Faucher.
- Post-mortem from Archives 101 panel: need to get marketing materials out sooner, advertise sooner with other groups.
- Moving the archives social hour from this coming November to December 14th at 6pm. Still working on finding a venue… Town Hall is a possibility, as is Bedlam Theater. The plan is to invite alums, archives community (TCART, MAC) members. Will need to get the e-vite out to everyone ASAP.
- Highlights from SGO minutes (Kristell Benson): proposal of merging ALA and SGO. She said that the majority group consensus was less than favorable, so that probably won’t be happening, but it may still be discussed. New course scheduling rules have upped the minimum number of students from six to eight. Finally, the conference reimbursement form is now online, so students will not have to submit a paper form. They’re also dropping the requirement for students to present on their conference attendance. Now all that is required is writing a blog post for the website.
- Archivist Speed Dating: With no formal meeting in December, event may need to get pushed out to next semester.
- Elections for open positions will be held at the January 11th meeting. We will be electing a new Vice-president and Media Relations Officer.
- The SLA holiday party is December 7th (location TBD). They need volunteers for the event and volunteers to make calls for donations. There will be a moderate fee (possibly in the range of $15-20), and some members have offered to provide funding for students to attend.
- The fundraising committee will be discussing available funding sources and new means of raising funds. They will present at the January meeting, as well as sending out an email. Send ideas about things like funds allocation via email to Chayse or Heather.
- The Minnesota Supreme Court Historical Society is interested in having a group from St. Kate’s SAA work on a small project. Molly has more details and will share updates at the January meeting. Discussions about the Warroad Historical Project are still going on, so we have two potential projects coming up for the near future.
- Annual report: due December 31st. Part of the report includes how many group members are also SAA national members. David and Erin will be putting that together.
Jessica Faucher, president
Allison Spies, vice-president
David Norris, secretary
Erin Leu, treasurer
Kristell Benson, SGO liaison