SAA Student Chapter, St. Catherine University
- Jobs: Tretter Collection has a job opening
- Upcoming SAA meetings: April 26, May 10
- Content posted on LIS bulletin board. Michelle added archives highlight.
- Allison is student of the month: Katie is working on this.
- New website is finished, thanks to Stephanie.
- Chris is working on flyer for student chapter.
Ideas for website
- Jobs list was suggested, but felt to be too much work.
- Calendar of upcoming events related to archives.
- Andrea: we need photos. Methods of uploading photos from a phone were discussed.
- Steph: Instagram feed?
Andrea introduced us to the amazing SAA Student chapter website at UWMadison, which has evidence of fun activities galore, most notably hedgehogs made from books. (Let’s get into this, guys!)
- Movie night
- Book club
- Craft night
- “Join us” tab on website
- We can discuss this further at the next meeting
Student group liaison
- An intergroup gathering was suggested for the summer (Lawn bowling, picnic)
- At some point the SAA student chapter needs to appoint an SGO liaison
- The Midwest Archivists meet in Kansas City on April 2426
- The Annual SAA meeting will be held August 16 in Washington D.C.
The constitution was amended and a Media Relations Officer position added to the organization. The Media Relations officer will be in charge of updating the main website and keeping social media current, however communications with the SAA and the MLIS program will remain in the hands of the secretary.
Members in attendance
Stewart Van Cleve